Welcome to the,

Treasure Valley Trail

Machine Association


  • Home
  • Jacks Creek Ride

TVTMA Sponsors

                

           
      


Jacks Creek Ride

  • 16 Feb 2019
  • 10:00 AM
  • 17 Feb 2019
  • 3:00 PM

Registration


Registration is closed

What: Jacks Creek ride and campout

When: February 16-17th

Hosts: JimBob & Deana Jolley

Where: Jacks Creek pumping station. From Bruneau head south on Highway 51 towards Nevada 15.5 miles. Turn right on Bob Tindale Rd. Camp is 2.5 miles on the left just before pumping station. (GPS 42.7708, -115.9612)

Come out Friday night and camp with us or come out for the day and ride. There is lots of area to explore and ride. This is an area I grew up in and I know where a lot of the trails are. I will be leading a ride each day. The trails in this area do not see a lot of riding and are sometimes hard to find. Even worse there was a fire some 10 years ago, and it has almost erased some of the trails.

Saturdays ride: Prepare to leave camp at 10:30 and ride some of the trails that very few people know about and do not get ridden very often. There is a very big hill climb and we will be crossing Big Jacks Creek. this loop is 40-50 miles. We will be planning a dinner for after the ride Saturday evening.

Sundays ride: Prepare to leave camp at 10:30. This ride will be the typical loop that most people know about. We will cross both Big Jacks Creek and Little Jacks Creek. This trail will give the riders a very amazing glimpse of the canyon. The loop is 40-50 miles.

Difficulty: Advanced, due to the distance and some technical riding without go arounds. (I classify difficulty into 4 categories: beginner, intermediate, advanced, and expert) An intermediate rider could probably do the ride but will struggle at times and find it a long day. 95% of the ride, I am leading, is basic desert riding and i would consider easy. The other 5% will be more difficult with multiple difficult creek crossings, steep hill climb, and rocky sections. Most of these sections do not have any kind of go around.

If you have any questions feel free to contact JimBob Jolley.

Treasure Valley Trail Machine Association "TVTMA"  P.O. Box 140162, Boise, ID 83714

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software